Steve Shapiro, Goal Free Living
Einstein said, “If I had an hour to work out a problem, I would spend 59 minutes trying to figure out what was the actual problem and then one minute on the solution.” Steve Shapiro has applied this idea to his work with organizations because too many people are running around trying to solve the wrong problems.
Steve leads the innovation side of the consulting company Accenture. He is the author of 24/7 Innovation: A Blueprint for Surviving and Thriving in an Age of Change. His most recent book is Goal-Free Living: How to Have the Life You Want NOW! which was a huge success – a number one Amazon.com Business Motivation Bestseller featured in Oprah’s magazine, O.
We have a great conversation ranging from Formula 1 racing to visualizing yourself as Condoleezza Rice:
- What to do when the GPS of life sends you in the wrong direction
- Setting a theme for the year instead of making resolutions
- The performance paradox: why your performance tapers off when you get hyper-focused on working harder
- Finding the sweet spot of creativity, or being creative without trying so hard
- Embracing your inadequacies instead of hiding them to get better results