We support human flourishing.
We hold a core value to practice stewardship, and believe that organizations thrive when the people within them are cared for, honoured and acknowledged. We believe that staying curious and always remembering humility allows us to be open to learning new things, and makes it okay to fail and learn from those failures.
Our values tell us to assume positive intent, regenerate what we take, meet others where they are and support individual growth, and we acknowledge and are sensitive to structural oppression or privilege within our organization as well as with the clients we serve. Every day, we deepen our thinking and continue working harder to serve the needs of others.
We’re a culture committed to diversity and the equitable treatment of all. We want to be inclusive and accessible since we know that through voice-share, we are strengthened and made better by our collective experiences.
What have we done to help make our organization a better, fairer, more open and inclusive space in which to learn and work? Here are some examples of the strides we’ve made so far:
- Formed optional internal action and accountabilities group, who focus on continuous education and resource sharing, so we’re always learning, growing and assessing how we can be better.
- Engaged external specialists who audited our programs, materials and website to ensure we’re being equitable, accessible, inclusive and always putting psychological safety first.
- Ran internal anti-bias, discriminations and micro-aggressions training for our staff and program leaders.
- Updated hiring process, including job postings and interviews, to include consistent questions across candidate screening. Varied panels help eliminate bias and offer transparency in how we onboard.
- Socialized anti-oppression, anti-harassment and violence, accessibility and equal opportunity policies and made them widely available for all staff to read and acknowledge.
- Doubled down on the flexibility of our distributed work from home culture and work hours, including unlimited vacation, benefits, wellness culture initiatives and a 4-day work week to offer employees quality of life options and holistic support.
- Engaged translation vendors and consulted with in-region contacts to validate language choices within social contexts.
- Conducted a compensation review and crafted a new compensation philosophy based on equity, so we’re treating our individual contributors with the respect and dignity owed to them.
And what else? There’s a whole lot more we want and plan to do upcoming. This work is never done, and we’re always learning how to be better. In the future, we want to hold space to:
- Continue to learn from experts and remember that setting a standard for how we treat one another is an ongoing journey and not a destination.
- Improve upon racial diversity in hiring and equitable treatment for all.
- Support on a pro-bono basis groups and/or organizations who are aligned with our values and seek to make a positive difference in the world by supporting underrepresented communities.
Do you have any questions or comments? We’d love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.