Box of Crayons is committed to respecting the privacy of our website visitors, email community and our employees, by adhering to the privacy principles set forth in The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (Canada) and all other applicable laws and regulations.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you access our website, whether by computer, mobile phone or other device, we automatically collect certain information about your use of our website (this information may include without limitation: geographical location and IDs of your computer, mobile or other device; bandwidth used; system and connection performance; browser type and version, operating system; length of visit; page views; referral source; IP address or other unique identifier for your computer, mobile phone or other device; your mobile carrier) using technologies, such as Cookies and web beacons. This information is not linked to personally identifiable information.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
In some situations you may provide us with your personal identifying information (called “PII”). PII could and without limitation include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, fax number, job title/position, Skype name, information about your company or business, and any other information we collect about you that by itself is not PII but if combined with PII could be used to personally identify you.
You may provide us with PII when you:
- Download a report or white paper;
- Submit a contact form on our website;
- Request a more information via our website;
- Comment on a blog post;
- Subscribe to our email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Register for certain services and/or email notification, or register and/or set up an account/profile to access, visit and/or use certain portions of our Website;
- And any other transactions between you and us.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations in certain jurisdictions we may be obligated to provide to you all PII which is attributable to you.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. A cookie, like a key, enables swift passage from one place to the next. Without a cookie every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Box of Crayons will use information we collect to:
- Improve your experience on our website(s);
- Count users who visit our website(s) or open our HTML-formatted email messages;
- Improve the delivery of any ads and web pages to you; and
- Help us better manage content on our website by informing us what content is effective and by helping to measure traffic on our website.
We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the website, and deliver customized content.
Box of Crayons will use PII to:
- Respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Contact you regarding a service/program;
- Collect payments from you;
- Provide you goods or services purchased through our website;
- Send you information and updates related to your purchase;
- Send you invoices;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send you email marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you; and
- Send you email messages containing company news, product or service information.
Our website may contain links to third party content or websites that Box of Crayons does not control. This includes links to clients, sponsors and partners.
Box of Crayons is not responsible for the treatment of your PII or any of your information by any third party.
CHANGING OR UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, change, delete or update personal information you have provided and your subscriptions or preferences regarding information you receive from us by emailing email@example.com. We will implement your requested changes as soon as we reasonably can.
When you edit your information or change your preferences, information that you remove may remain in our databases or backup media because it is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from those locations.
You may opt-out of having your PII shared with third parties for reasons other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested and except as required by law and you may also request updates or changes to your information or your preferences regarding receiving future promotional messages from us.
To do this you may contact our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you opt-out of promotional/ marketing emails, you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as administrative and services announcements and/or messages about your account/profile. We may continue to retain PII for up to one year after you opt-out or terminate your relationship with us.
Box of Crayons makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable Canadian and provincial regulations as well as any other applicable laws and jurisdictions. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form.
Access to your personal information is restricted to selected members and employees. In addition, Box of Crayons employs generally accepted information security techniques to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, CONTACT US
or by postal mail at:
Attn: Privacy Officer, Box of Crayons
137 Marion Street