The Coaching Habit®
Designed to focus on practical remote learning, enabling resilient teams to thrive.
We’re willing to bet that advice is killing your company. Especially now, when the need to be fast and direct is felt more strongly than ever, it’s common for the Advice Monster Habit in all of us to come out. But you pay a price for that: Cultures driven by advice-giving, even in the current business climate, disenfranchise people, break down relationships and alignment and impede innovation.
The ability to create a connected and resilient culture is more important than ever.
Foundations for Coach-Like Curiosity
The Coaching Habit is our foundational program for waking people up to the power of curiosity. We explore what being coach-like means and participants will experience first-hand how tricky it can be to stay coach-like. There’s a good chance participants will find themselves in this program because they aren’t asking great questions and they likely have an Advice Monster Habit that they don’t know how to shift. We focus on changing those long-embedded behaviours, and our approach seeks to uncover the rewards for — and risks of — defaulting to our Advice Monster Habit.
Participants walk away with our Seven Essential Questions and a practical tool to transform behaviour from being advice-driven to coach-like and curiosity-led.
- Perfect for distributed learner cohorts. Brings them together across an organization, reaching global audiences.
- Creates connections: Between newly remote teams.
- Leverages new ways to drive real learning and behaviour change. Our virtual programs consist of a two-part workshop that enables spaced practice, which guides the practices of reflection and retrieval, both effective ways to deepen the learning.
- Increases participants’ psychological safety. Patterns of conversation domination and passive participation are often disrupted in a virtual format.
- Drives new ways of interacting. Including new forms of collaboration and cognitive diversity (aided by chatbox discussions, “hand raises” and virtual breakout rooms).
HOW DO WE SUPPORT YOUR GOALS?
- Our virtual instructor-led virtual sessions are highly interactive and engaging.
- We ensure a high level of interactivity and engagement both by using a platform that promotes frequent interaction and through participant use of program materials and tools during our workshops.
- Our virtual sessions provide increased psychological safety for those learners, who appreciate the opportunity to communicate virtually rather than in-person.
- Post-workshop support is provided for participants to embed new tools, skills and behaviours.
- Increase the likelihood that people are focusing on the right problems.